Want to restore a vintage home or design a chic and energy efficient office complex? Structural engineers can help you every step of the way, from blue print to building permit acquisition to construction and aesthetics. About to start renovations but can't due to rising damp or subsidence? Need to settle a dispute involving construction law? You just mind need the expertise of a structural engineer.
There's no obligation necessary with any of our free quote services, so you never have to take a quote provided for your job. This means there's no risk, and no harm in just finding out the price.
Types of Engineers There are many titles used by engineering professionals. This can become overwhelming, especially when you're not sure which engineering skills your project might benefit from the most. Some commercial projects may require a civil engineer who deals with project layouts, locations, parking lots, utility connections and more. Structural engineers are specialized civil engineers who deal with all elements of building construction. For home renovations or building-specific commercial construction, you'll need a structural engineer.
Design and Construction
Whether you're considering a smaller residential refurbishment or large scale commercial construction, no job is too big or too small to benefit from a consultation with a structural engineer Oley. You can get advice from structural engineers regardless of where you are in the process of construction. From drawing up the plans to laying the foundations and tiling the roof, structural engineers have expertise required to help you realize your construction dreams.
HVAC Installation The installation of heating, ventilation and air conditioning is no small undertaking. You'll need professional guidance when it comes to designing home additions or office renovations as this type of construction may affect the integrity and efficiency of the existing HVAC systems. Structural engineers familiar with these systems will be able to help you work around these utilities, providing you with a great design that doesn't compromise the HVAC of your building.
Health and safety should always be a top priority on any construction site. Want to ensure your site meets local health and safety standards? A structural engineer will be able to maintain health and safety regulations on site. In the case of renovations, consider having a structural engineer survey the building before you send your workers into a potential hazardous situation.
Reasons to Hire When Altering your Home Homeowners often feel that they will be ‘going overboard’ if they hire a structural engineer when performing property alterations. However, this could not be further form the truth. Below are jus ta few ways in which it is beneficial for homeowners to pay for the services of a qualified structural engineer when doing alterations.
- You will receive a thorough engineering report – Once a structural engineer has performed an inspection on your home’s foundations, they will provide you with an engineering report. This will provide the information needed to ensure that the correct type of building work will be carried out according to the type of foundations your home has.
- They know what to look out for – In order to obtain their certifications and qualifications in the form of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, a structural engineer needs to study for between four and five years. Upon completion of their studies, they are then required to complete a five-year internship under another structural engineer who is already suitably qualified. All of this knowledge and experience helps ensure that they will know exactly what to look for when inspecting your property.
- They can provide reliable recommendations – in the event that a structural engineer discovers that there are issues with your home’s foundations, they will be able to provide you with recommendations regarding contractors in your area that will be able to address and rectify them as efficiently as possible. Once this has been done, they will also be able to inform you which contractors will be able to perform the alterations you require.
- You will enjoy peace of mind – After having your home’s foundations inspected by a professional and experienced structural engineer, you will be able to enjoy peace of mind in knowing that you have received the correct advice regarding whether any repairs will be needed before going ahead with your alteration project. Your structural engineer will also inform you whether it is recommended or not that you continue with your current building and alteration plans.
Get Free Structural Engineering Quotes Today
Before committing to pricey construction work or risking the stress of a building project rife with problems, let us help you find the best structural engineering services for a price to suit your budget. Take a minute to fill in our online form by providing us with a few details about your construction project. We'll take care of the rest. Get a free, no-obligation quote from us today for affordable structural engineering services you can trust.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do they do and will it benefit me to hire one if I am doing home renovations? A structural engineer is someone who is able to thoroughly inspect your home’s foundations before any alteration and construction work begins. They are able to inform you whether your existing alteration plans will be suitable for your home’s foundations or not, and if not, they will be able to provide alternative suggestions and recommendations. As a result, it will definitely benefit you to pay for their services before you start any alteration project.
2. How much will it cost to hire a professional? The cost of hiring an engineer will depend on what their hourly rates are and in which part of the country they are situated in. If your property is abnormally large or has areas that are difficult to access, additional fees may be charged as well. However, when speaking with any of our pre-screened network, they will be able to inform you ahead of time what their hourly rates are and how they will bill for their services.
Our simple 60 second form lets us know your exact work requirements.
Your work particulars are distributed to our network of home improvement specialists and up to 4 are allowed to quote.
Up to four fully approved and screened experts contact you with a quotation.